Google Ad

Monday, December 1, 2014

Driving in Canada

They say driving is not a right but a privilege. And if you have driven on Indian roads you can drive anywhere in the world. Let me tell you that it is not that easy. Out here as compared to India you have rules to follow and blind spots to check before you turn. When you break any rule you cant just bribe a Pandu ( Indian Policemen)  Rs 100 and get away with it.

There are some things I find a little odd. Like attending in class sessions. I must admit I did find it odd at first and the laughs I got from people back home, OMG. but I did learn some useful things in those classes. Stuff I would have eventually got to know through experience. But its better to be safe than sorry I guess. A little extra knowledge never hurt anyone.

Another thing I found odd was the signalling system at intersection. Turning on red lights, turning on green when oncoming traffic has green, it can all be a bit confusing for a person coming from outside. Well but at least people follow the signals out here. If its 6 in the morning when not a soul is around or during rush hour. The rules are followed. I cant say the same thing for the other cities I have been in.

I haven't found it easier driving out here as compared to India not matter what people may say. There are so many things you have to unlearn and learn again. More than driving there are so many other things to keep in mind. But I guess its all for the benefit and safety for all around. As they say " When in Rome do as the Romans " or in this case " When in Canada, Do as the Canadians "

1 comment:

SD said...

There are lots of rules but all for the sake of safety and keeping traffic flowing! You'll get so used to it, you won't even need to think about it!