Google Ad

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Carbon Capture and Storage

The other day I was reading an article in the paper about carbon capture and storage. Apparently I have been living under a rock because I had not heard of that concept before. Its about taking in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, storing it containers and then burying it deep into the ground safely. Wow that's really cool considering all the climate change stuff that has been going around.
Even thou we as a civilization are trying to reduce our carbon footprint, it doesn't look like its happening at a fast enough pace.

So concept seems like a life saver to me or for that matter humanity. But from what I read its really expensive and companies cannot do it without government subsidies. The governments don't think its worth the cost. And I'm like WTF?

Is it worth spending billions of $$ on space missions rather that research on carbon capture and storage? I feel we should first try to save our own planet rather than to go look for whats out there.There is a saying, I don't know where it is from but makes total sense in this case " Charity begins at home" People should do what they can to save planet earth first and then go exploring on other planets out there. This makes more sense to me. I may be wrong. But if there is a better explanation to this, I'm all ears.



No comments: