Google Ad

Monday, December 8, 2014

Public Transportation

Where ever you move to, be it a new city or a new country, you have to have a way to move around the place. You have to be mobile. You can't just sit at home all day. You will eventually have to go out to get food at least. For most people around here the mode of choice is driving. Since I don't own a car yet for me its public transportation. Or as they say out here- public transit.

I usually travel by bus and each place is different. I wont say one is better than the other but different. They do have their good and bad points thou. For one, there is no conductor who goes around yelling "ticket ticket ticket" or "pudhe chala" ( Only people from my home town will get this :p ). The buses are generally on time and have a fixed schedule which you can get online. And they are also very clean compared to the buses I have seen. Believe me they are.

For all that being said there are some things I do miss about public transportation back home. For one, there are no autorickshaws just outside your door step. And as for the buses if you don't have like a pass or something you have to have exact change for the bus fare. Do you know how difficult it is in a country where almost everything is purchased by credit cards. That's the time you miss the conductor who shouts at you for not having change but gives it to you eventually. The worst thing thou is the frequency of the service on the weekend. And Sunday is the worst. Especially if you working on the weekends.

Well but at least they have some buses which helps me get around the place. :)

1 comment:

SD said...

Cool blog! You'll be driving before you know! It's actually less stressful not driving in snow or icy conditions! Trust me spinning out, skidding, out of control feeling is the worst! Hate winter driving! You'll be good for spring!