Google Ad

Monday, January 12, 2015

Cold Wave

Last week was one of the coldest weeks of the year in the GTA area, with temperatures going down to -30 deg C with the windchill.A extreme cold weather warning was also issued. It was a first of a kind experience for me. I wasn't outside for long but for the little while that I was my face went numb after a while and my nose became frosty.The 40 kmph winds made it a bad day to be outside. The worst part was waiting at the bus stop for the bus.

It was a really bad day for those people who didn't have adequate heating in their homes and for those without a home. There were reports of two homeless people dying in two days because of the cold weather. This week is also going to be chilly. That's the Canadian winter for you.

Any day the temperature is in positive degree Celsius, is a good day during the Canadian winter. Even zero degree is a good day for me now. People from the more tropical countries would not agree with me. But they should come here and experience the cold to appreciate the warmth of zero degree Celsius. :)

No comments: