Google Ad

Friday, February 13, 2015

Three Parent babies.

Last week, the news read, UK to pass a law legally allowing for a three parent baby.  At first, I thought to myself is that even possible? Reading further, I realized it has something to do with mitochondrial engineering to prevent the mitochondrial diseases in children. There is a lot of debate on crossing ethical boundaries and the long term effects of this process.

According to an article I read, in "The Independent," mitochondrial disorder is said to be in 1 in 200 children, whereas only 1 in 10000 severely affected.

I am no expert, but shouldnt scientist try and put in more of an effort to try and find cures for diseases like Aids, Cancer and solutions for eradication of hunger and poverty which affects millions of children around the world.

I personally feel that since a lot of people are getting affected by these diseases, scientists along with the help of the government should pay a little more attention towards eliminating those problems first. Dont you?

No comments: