Google Ad

Monday, February 2, 2015

Crossing Boundaries

Once man figured out how to sail the oceans, people left their homes, crossed the ocean and went in search of different lands; to start up a business, educate themselves or start a new life. The Europeans moved to America, Asia etc. centuries ago. Indians, being the enterprising people that they are, moved to different corners of the globe.

Being an Indian myself, I too joined the lot. Moved all the way to the west to Canada to start afresh. Not that there was anything wrong with the way things were back home, but there comes a point where one says to oneself, I need to do something different now, I need to experience new things in life. Now isn't that what life is about? After all, variety is the spice of life.

The plan was simple. Go to Canada, get a job and settle slowly into things. I'm not the first to do this. There were millions who left home and came to this country to settle down. But having worked at the same company for many years, I never had to look for a new job. Actually, I never learnt how to look for a job because I secured a campus placement straight out of university. There were so many things I didn't know about job hunting which I am learning now. Everyday I learn something new. Things I am supposed to do and things I am not.  Like, out here it's called resume and not CV, always ask some to check your resume for you. It is very difficult to catch your own mistakes.(the human brain works in a funny way).

Everybody before me said,"Oh Wow! You're coming to Canada. You will really like it.." But nobody told me about the difficult part of it. So I am here, learning the tricks. But I'm sure there will be a day when I wake up to that most awaited call, and I will see the Canada people told me about.

No comments: