Google Ad

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

White Christmas

Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" is one of the first Christmas carols I've heard. Back in the day when the family would get together to decorate the Christmas tree, we would put cotton on the tree to make believe it's snowing outside. Over the years, Hollywood got me to believe that a white Christmas is always more magical and special and ever since, I've always dreamed of having a white Christmas.

Once I moved to Canada I thought that this dream would come true; I would wake up on a Christmas morning and look outside the window and see snow. But now as I approach my second Christmas in Canada that dream looks far from coming true. Even though last winter in Canada was one of the coldest on record, it did not snow around Christmas time. And this winter being one of the milder one, the weatherman says it is going to be relatively warm on Christmas day. So I guess I still have to continue dreaming of a white Christmas.

Having said this, a warm day doesn't cease to make my Christmas any less special. Christmas, after all is about celebrating with your loved ones. The whole process of making sweets, decorating the house, buying and wrapping gifts, the parties, the food and just spending time with the family is what makes this season really special.

Christmas has always been a special time for me and I hope it continues to be in the years to come. 

No comments: