Google Ad

Saturday, March 7, 2015

PDAC 2015

I first heard about the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) in 2010 when my ex boss and his colleague were on their way to the PDAC conference.

They were really excited about it. Up until that point I had not heard of PDAC. So I decided to do some research of my own. PDAC, is one of the biggest mining conferences in the world ever held. It first began in 1932 and has been held every year since then.

This year I got a chance to attend PDAC. This was my first industry related conference. PDAC 2015 was held at the Metro Toronto Convention Center. There were over 500 mining companies at the event. Many of the junior mining companies had some very interesting projects to showcase. But, as is the present state of the industry, many of them were stalled due to lack of funding.

I really enjoyed my first mining conference. It was a new experience for me.I met a lot of people and got their perspective on the present state of the industry. Many were still hopeful that the industry will bounce back soon, which is a good sign.

Ins't this is how we humans are ? Always living in the hope for a better future, Or at least hoping for one.

No comments: